View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 10:38 AM

RP: Thank you for the positive feedback - This forum has been cathartic for me while awaiting "repair." Through my constant perusing through the internet, I have yet to find a negative surgical outcome for the M6. It is going on, I believe, 8 years now. Some may feel that there is just not enough research to test the longevity of the inner core materials inside the body. I agree, but if it has lasted in 5000 patients for 8+ years, I feel inclined to believe that the longevity should far exceed others (again, based upon pure speculation on my part - not an engineer). I have a fusion which should last a lifetime, however negatively impacted the adjacent levels after only two years.

I'm very interested in hearing about your continued research in regard to polycarbonate urethane. I'm aware of several members who are very knowledgable in this area, and will definitely share their opinions.

Blessings to you as well. I'm confident you will find the answers you are looking for and be guided down the right path for you.
Laura
C4/5 central and rightward bulging of disc and osteophyte causing mild right neural foramen stenosis narrowing and right lateral recess narrowing
C6/7 Central disc bulging and osteophyte and hypertrophy of ligamentum flavum canal stenosis and narrowing of bilateral neural foramina
Sept 9, 2013 Scheduled with Dr. Bierstedt C4/5 & C6/7 M6