View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 02:12 PM

I have gotten many opinions from both the US and Europe over these last two years and I've spent enormous sums of time researching and meeting and googling and asking questions. I certainly appreciate what you're saying about "knowing", but I guess in my case the challenges are so unique that no two opinions are identical-- and oftentimes they completely contradict each other. It's just not obvious which way to go. Different levels, approaches, devices, risks...coming from the best doctors in the world...terrifying. It'd be easier if there was at least some consensus but I fear my condition is somewhat uncharted territory. I'm a filmmaker, not a neurosurgeon. I'm trying to go with my gut but finding that extremely difficult, especially with the stakes so high and the opinions so varied...not to mention questionable affiliations and bad reviews and shady organizations. And the expense (not to mention the pain) is potentially ruinous if it's not done right the first time. I'm getting closer to deciding (I'm running out of time) but I am constantly second-guessing. How can't you? Wish I had a crystal ball.
DEC 2010 -- 51 yrs old-- multiple problems with C3-C7 --kyphosis, stenosis, cord flattening that has slowly evolved from a fall at age 12-- not much pain yet but told to fuse 4 levels and looking for alternatives