Thread: Dr Bierstedt
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 12:28 PM

Default Recovery

Gman,
Have you had a laminectomy, discectomy, does not say, I did, and it takes 5 or 6 days, really to recover, to the point that you can move around, but in reality, it will take about 10 days to quit 'noticing' the suture.
They will teach how to move around a little differently until you adjust to the movement.
My first 5 or 6 hours were pretty bad, (the first is the worst, coming out of that anesthesia) finally got into the second day, went home 24 hours later, it is brutal, there is no other way to explain it, like an epidural, work at least part of the way, but there are benefits to these shots.

You said 'back' pain, did they do this from the front, anterior?
I believe if they have to replace a disc above the L3 level, they have to go in from the side.

Emailed Spinal Kinetics, they said this FDA approval, will not take place for several years, I am sure there are lobbyists and people at the FDA playing football with this issue.
I emailed a dr, about the auditory nerve implant, (do not hear in one ear) and he said it would take a decade or more before they get approval, to do trials in humans, if it works, let people get the benefits.

May email my Congressman as well, this is silly, it is all about the money, I am sure they spend millions to develop this (technology)/these medical devices, but they cannot and should be allowed by law, to let the lobbyists take control of this, should let the people make this decision, there are over 20,000, last I could count, of these put in people over the last 6 or 7 years, in Europe, with no failures (correct me if I am wrong, and I am talking about sublimation, not installation) so there should be no reason for other manufacturers to pay politicians to NOT allow this to be used in the USA.
Funny part about this M6, this was developed in the USA, California, by Neurosurgeons, just for this reason, mobility, and they will not allow this to be used here.

sorry for the rambling, but this has gone too far.

Jerry

Last edited by Jerry5; 08-28-2013 at 12:32 PM. Reason: grammar