View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 11:18 PM

Laura, as you have one successful fusion, and given all the great things I've heard about Dr Bierstedt, my suspicion is that if you want to pursue the same course I have, then it might be an option for you. Whether you choose it or not, here's hoping that's the case!

Todd, yes, this year's mass swim start is a "self seeded" start. Meaning that IMFL asks everyone to line up for the start according to their anticipated swim finish times. I anticipate mine to be between 1:30 and 1:45. Into my 14th year of cervical spine problems, my left arm is weaker than my right and doesn't provide much propulsion; I have a one-armed swim. I plan to line up with the 1:45 group and start on the west end of the swim start (current is west to east). I don't expect that anyone inclined to assault me in the water will catch up to me until early in the second loop. (BTW: too bad about not being to toe the starting line at IMLP. I do appreciate how disappointing that would have been)
Conceded defeat to a manifestly disingenuous BCBS-TX in my quest for reimbursement, Jan 2011