View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013, 03:22 PM

Default 3 level C - stenosis - searching best alternative

Hi,

This website has been incredible. From the moment I found out that I needed a 3 level cervical "fusion" back in October and after getting over the initial shock, I have been focused on research and this site has been the most helpful! But I am still feeling very overwelmed by all the info. Sometimes the pain is so much that I want to have the surgery done right away and also because I am converned about permanent damage on my spinal cord.

At this point have scheduled surgery with Dr. Bierstedt on January 6th, but I am running into obstacles of going to Germany by myself and I dont have the heart to tell my parents as I think they would worry too much.

I just found out about Dr. Pimenta in Brazil and will contact him on Monday to get his opinion. I have heard some pro and cons about him but i feel that I need to try. Since I am originally from Brazil and travel there for my job abt 6 times a year, it seems that it is worth a try and easier to make travel arrangements since I would have a place to stay, etc.

Disc type - it seems that he uses the PCM, does anyone has an experience about it? Dr Bierstedt has suggested the M6 or Secure Cimplant technology, any thoughts?

I am surprised that none of the doctors that I submitted my films for review have asked for a Bone density test before suggesting surgery. Should they? And there any other tests that should be performed prior to surgery that is not normally performed by the surgeons?

I also have heard about requesting to have a separate vascular surgeon during the surgery. Is this currently done and accepted by the doctors?

I have many questions but will leave it here for now.

Thank you everyone! You have been my inspiration!
Best,
Lucelia

Still having problems nVegating on site, so let me know if I am doing it right.
C6-7 mild to moderate
Trying to figure it out best option
Also many issues with lumbar