View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 09:27 AM

Kelly,

Condolences on this double conundrum; needing a two level ADR AND probably having to pay out of pocket for the treatment you want. There are a number of us that have had double cervical ADR's. As you're eying Germany, I'm assuming that you're looking at Dr Beirstedt? If you'll browse through the surgical outcomes forum, you'll find a few who had their double cervical ADR with him.

You're probably right in that your insurance won't pay. I'd encourage you to not give up so quickly as a search of the Insurance Hell forum will uncover a few that have had payment for a European double cervical ADR covered by their insurance. Though so far the only one's I can recall that have been covered have been those that payed out of pocket and then filed with their carrier when they returned. Even so, I think your chances would be better to get a pre-certification from your insurance BEFORE you leave. They really have no incentive to reimburse you after you get back. But if you can show them that they'll save big $$$, it follows to reason that they'll be more likely to jump on that.

The Mobi-C is now FDA approved for multi-level implantation in the US. Dr Zeegers in Germany has been using that device with great success for years. That sounds like your best bet for avoiding sacrificing your savings for a trip to Europe.

Good luck, Jeff
Conceded defeat to a manifestly disingenuous BCBS-TX in my quest for reimbursement, Jan 2011