View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 03:27 PM

Hector,

Sincerest condolences on your long standing back issue. But, congratulations on having a doctor who is knowledgeable and even supportive of ADR in you current dilemma. That's a bigger asset than you probably realize.

The first and most important thing I'd do is to verify that your surgeon turns out a consistent flow of positive outcomes with whatever implant he uses. Lumbar ADR surgery must be gotten right the first time; it is very unusual to have a bad outcome reversed by a revision surgery. The single most important input is your surgeon's record. You are the first Mexican, to my recollection, that has posted here ... and I cannot think of surgeon in Mexico that has been mentioned here; so I don't know who to recommend.

With a good outcome you should easily be able to resume your SCUBA, fishing and camping. Cycling is harder on the spine than anything I can think of other than horseback riding. We've seen others on this site resume snow skiing, running, ice hockey, martial arts, ... just about anything you can think of (even cycling and horseback riding).

BTW: As we don't know much about Mexican spine care on this site, it would be helpful to those that read here if you will keep us updated on your surgeon, implant and surgical outcome.

Please keep us posted. And good luck!

Jeff
Conceded defeat to a manifestly disingenuous BCBS-TX in my quest for reimbursement, Jan 2011