View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 03:28 PM

My MRI from Feb. 2012.

A few different images here.

X Ray from Feb. 2014. Kind of a crappy one. Notice the thin height between discs.

MRIs from Feb. 2014, two years later, current.

I put the two years difference here, 2012 to 2014, so that you can note progression if you see any.

So, I'd like your thoughts on this.

I know there aren't any doctors on the forum(I think???) but there are some very bright people who might be able to give a great diagnosis and back up their opinion. Plus, a lot of you have horse sense. You also have this problem. Maybe not a multi-segmental like me, but back pain. And, you aren't tied to a financial conclusion which makes your opinions that much more honest and real.

My symptoms are cold feet, both left and right. Can't sit at all. I'm typing this standing up. Burning, stabbing pain in right buttock, right upper hamstring.

Occasionally had left front thigh pain, but not as much anymore.

Clavel said I had S1 foraminal stenosis and might be able to get away with a one level L5/S1 M6. I told him I didn't like the term 'might get away with' and I discussed the option of more ADRs in case, at 44 yrs. old, other problems arose later on down the road. I'd like your thoughts on his opinion. He did say that a 3 level was definitely an option he'd consider.

Anyways, kind of a sucky situation all around being multi-segmental. I almost think since there are so many levels with a problem that maybe they should just shove an iron rod up my spine and hang me from a wall all day!

Your trained eyes and opinions welcome here please.

Chronic back pain started in 2010 while shrugging weights that a 40 yr. old shouldn't even try.

MRI in 2012 showing L4/L5, L5/S1 herniations and L2/L3 bulge.

L5/S1 taking on new shape, chronic sciatica, etc.

DEXA bone scan performed 5/7/14 showing mild osteopenia.

Surgery performed July 9th, 2014, Dr Clavel, hybrid three level lumbar.