View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 10:12 AM

Default ProDisc

Hi Dav,
First, I wish you all the best in your surgery with Dr. Bertagnoli. I chose to use Dr. Blumenthal, at TBI for my 3 level LUMBAR hybrid (2 ADR and 1 fusion). From what I'd researched, the ProDisc C had pretty good success rates as well.

You can find more information on here by doing a simple search. Just type in your keywords (such as ProDisc, Bertagnoli, Insurance, etc)... While I haven't been on in a while, I can't imagine not going through what I did without all of these friends.

Best of luck,

Quote:
Originally Posted by davros354 View Post
Hello; I am scheduled to have a TDR with Dr. Bertagnoli in Germany in a few months. It appears it will be the Pro-Disc L. The Orthopedic surgeon that performed hand surgery on me in the U.S has a Pro-Disc C in his neck. He stated that there are very good surgeons in the US that perform said surgeries, and to not go with the oldest TDR design nor the newest. I have checked here in the U.S. One surgeon associative of the Cleveland Clinic informed me that he has taken out as many TDR's as he has put in and that I was not a candidate for TDR, and that TDR is dangerous especially in regard to the arteries. Another surgeon recommended fusion. After long hours of research I decided on Dr. Bertagnoli in Germany. I guess when it is over I will know and post my results. Wish me luck...
2012 trauma lumbar following yard work
Nov 2012 MRI Bulging discs L4,5, S1
Mild stenosis
Dec-Jan PT
Jan 2013 Discogram
Results Level 5 Annular tears L3-4, L4-5 and L5-S1
Need 3 disc fusion
Facet Joints injections, March 2013- no relief
Transform.., Epidural Injections 4-23-13 Right L2-3 No relief
2nd ESI 5-14-13 L3-4, L4-5, L5-S1 No relief ugh.
ADR L3-4, L4-5, Fusion L5-S1 Fusion Dr.Blumenthal TBI July, 2013