View Single Post
Old 04-15-2014, 07:35 PM

Default Pro Disc

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrigail View Post
Welcome!
Like Canadian Dean, I too have the Prodisc L (l4-5). I've posted my journey (not over yet) in this section. I'm 10 month's out, had pretty severe nerve root compression, lots of bone cut away during surgery and I probably lived in pain for 5 years too long. Having said that, things are going remarkably well right now. I can't load my spine with too much weight yet (probably never will), but the daily pain of sciatica, numbness and burning in my feet/calf, is almost gone! My implant was installed by a highly skilled surgeon who has completed many of these surgeries. I was lucky enough to find a friend near me, professional athlete, who had a Prodisc installed 5 years ago. He talked me through alot of the options, and frankly, alot of the bad times. Even though I am far from perfect, far from pain free, I'm thankful I've had the surgery.
I'm always available for providing an ear, it's my "pay it forward" for the help my new friend gave to me.
Mike

Wow, those are exactly my symptoms...numb feet and burning. Can you say who was your surgeon? Sorry if you have already indicated the name in previous posts.
April 2011: 2 level laminotomy; L4/L4 & L5/S1
More PT, pain meds and injections.
...and 2014, still researching ADR.
February 2014: endoscopic foraminotomy, Dr Bitan

Last edited by MikeC; 04-15-2014 at 07:36 PM. Reason: spelling error