View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 08:58 PM

Default Prodisc Bashing

Sorry CDW,

I have no skin in this game, as in, I have no gain, except a good outcome.

In Case you did NOT know, DePuy and Synthes, were bought by Johnson and Johnson, and they have EVERY right (even if I believe different) to defend their product, but there is evidence, to SHOW, that these FAIL, and sublime.

From what I have seen, the single LARGE keel is too much for the softer inner bone of the vertebra(Again, IMO).

SueEasy | Join ProDisc/synthes Emerging Class Action Lawsuit

Lumbar Disk Replacement Failures: Review of 29 Patients and Rationale for Revision | Orthopedics

pro-disc L replacement surgery - Topix

"The truth? First of all the Prodisc, like all artificial discs, does not respect normal range of motion. "
(direct quote from the article)

(Which the M6 does, if enough people mention this, then the FDA will approve, BTW, I have written my US Congressman on this issue, I believe the US has a RIGHT to see this and DECIDE for themselves, the 'natural' motion, is a BIG plus, The ball and socket, does, will and can cause facet joint damage, this is documented, again, does not mean all people would not benefit from the Charite, I have personal conversation, to the contrary.)
(The M6 was developed here in the USA)

( I have no interest in this, except a good outcome, I have personal replies that this is a good disc, and hope that the long term works well, btw, the charite, has been tolerated by the human body for 18yrs, longest I have been able to find, and hope the natural moving M6, will do the same.)

Looking for Prodisc C post op stories, successes, failures, anything...

There are TWO horror stories on this site.

In case you want to KNOW, I almost went there.

I 'almost' ...' Very Closely, had a Pro DIsc.

Do not accuse me of BASHING.

READ.

wow.

CDW, I hope you realize, that I am trying to help, I 'need' something, and I would be willing to have an M6, if the USA would allow a local doctor.

L2-3 herniation, two days before Thanksgiving, 2012, Discectomy/Laminectomy, 3/13 Numbness in the right leg, lateral femoral, gone, July 10, 2014 L45 M6 ADR, July 15 PLIF L5-S1, Not able to access L51 Anterior.