View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 04:44 PM

Default Thank you Jeff & pittpete

Jeff,
Much earlier in my painful journey, it was Dr. Yue who had ordered the discogram which resulted in the determination that the 2 discs were torn and were concordant pain generators (L4-L5 & L5-S1). He strongly felt that ADR was the proper treatment back then, but my medical insurance won on that front and denied it. Now that I have quit smoking (January 2012), and remained a non-smoker still, I am thinking that if bi-level ADR is once again shot down, I may at least have the option of the hybrid surgery.

pittpete,
I actually had a "sitting" MRI once as I'd discussed that very issue with Dr. Yue. Unfortunately, it didn't show anything more conclusive than a typical MRI in my case.

I most certainly realize I am putting the cart before the horse in a way here - I need to see what Dr. Yue says. I am just somewhat of a pessimist I suppose - he is a surgeon, and will almost certainly suggest a surgical fix. Even surviving in so much pain, I can't stand the ambiguity of test results like these! I'd prefer a more straight-line, clearly identified problem with a standard solution, even if the problem and solution were not "pleasant". Test results which read like these do make me feel like the pain is all in my mind - like I have some sort of mental disorder causing this miserable agony . I'm sorry if I'm not making much sense. Way too much going on in my mixed up, roller-coaster life these days!

Thanks again for your replies. The people here are quite an incredible bunch, even if the reasons we've all come together isn't very pleasant.

Jeff
2008-Positive Disco (L4/L5&L5/S1 annular tears)
Herniated discs at L4/L5/S1, bulging T12
Began constant/severe neck & upper back pain 11/09
Jan 10-Cervical/Thoracic MRI:bone spurs+new disc probs
Cervical Spine issues causing terrible pain beginning in July 2021 - scheduled for 2 level C-Spine ADR on Oct 19th 2021 now!! Part of Clinical Trial so unsure if Mobi-C or Baguera C will be implanted ....