View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 11:09 AM

Default Contact Texas Back Institute

Dear ATX,

Based on your name and insurance, I am assuming you're in Texas. One of the best places I'm told for ADR in the U.S. and other treatments, is the Texas Back Institute in Plano. I've heard mostly positive outcomes from people on these boards who have dealt with them. I've also heard that they help you go through the insurance process when requiring ADR surgery.

My sister and brother-in-law live in TX near Plano. They both use TBI for back issues and are very pleased with them. Perhaps with their help (TBI's) they can work with your insurance to allow a hybrid approach (ADR on a level or two and fusion on the other).

You can always look to Europe for ADR surgeons who use the M6 disc (considered one of the best out there). However, with three levels, you are looking at least $50K, not including travel costs. It's highly unlikely that insurance will cover any of it. Also, if you go to Europe there is no accountability. It's next to impossible to see a doctor in the U.S. for follow-up if you've had surgery in Europe.

The bottom line is that you need multiple opinions. Since you're in TX, TBI should be one of them.

Good Luck!!
Gene
2008 - Foraminotomy at C6/C7 on left side
Feb, 2010 - Cervical Fusion C4/C5
Dec, 2010 - Lumbar Fusion L3/L5
2013 - Bulge on C5/C6; herniation C6/C7 right side
Mar 26, 2013 - Foraminotomy at C6/C7 on right side
May 5, 2015 - ADR with Dr Blumenthal of TBI for C5/C6 using Mobi-C