View Single Post
Old 10-05-2014, 11:42 AM

Smile 23 Years old planning a surgery C4-C5/ L5-S1 need help

Hello Everyone,

My name is Hesham Alaoofi and i'm 23 years old (yes I know very young for surgery). I injured my neck and back while lifting weights about 18 months ago. I have tried all kind of therapy to avoid surgery (physical therapy, acupuncture, manipulation, injections) Nothing helped. I'm currently living in Zurich, close to Dr. Zeegers and Dr. Clavel clinics. I have already contacted the two doctors and will have a consultation with them by next week.

If we decided to perform surgery I will be bearing the cost myself, I have received a quote from Dr. Clavel for a two disc replacement procedure for about 40,000 Euro. Dr. Zeegers in the other hand told me that a quote will be received once we finish the evaluation.

Questions for the members:

- I believe the two doctors are very well experienced, but who is cheaper?
- Did anyone performed a surgery in Switzerland? If yes I would like to speak to them?
- I work in a very demanding job and I wont be able to be out of the office for more then 3 weeks, is it possible to return in 3 weeks or I'm being naive?

Thanks to all the members in this community, you have given us (new members) a lot of insights about almost everything related to ADR.

Hesham
Next surgery date: 18/02/2015 with Dr. Rischke