View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 12:36 PM

If it is of any help to anyone, PubMed has dozens of studies about ADR.
There is definitely no lack of information that ADR works! If I get denied during precertification for my lumbar ADR I plan on printing out all of the studies and sending it in. ( not that I think they would take the time to read them )

I also read somewhere awhile ago that most of the time the "doctors" on the insurance review board are either not reviewing cases that are in their field of specialty, or are old school, some are even retired, and you have the right to know who is reviewing your case.

But as far as PubMed goes, I just did a search for artificial lumbar disc and tons of studies came up - most with positive results.

It just flabberghasts me that Europe has been doing ADR since the 80's and the insurance companies here have such a hard headed approach to it. It's all about how they can make the most money - gag.
6 year struggle with herniated L4/5 w/ annular tear, ruptured L5/S1 that is now degenerated to where the bones rub, the lack of height is causing the facet joints to degenerate and cause pain at that level. Stenosis and radiculopathy to the left leg also present.
Now waiting to switch insurance so that I can get a hybrid surgery. Fusion of L5/S1 and ADR at L4/5.