View Single Post
Old 11-30-2014, 11:45 PM

I have been absolutely thrilled with Dr Clavel. Coming up on 5 month mark. The actual worked on area is the least of my problems. I'm old, and Dr Clavel MRI'd my entire spine. I have crappy discs all over the place. Talk about multilevel! But my bottom 3 worked on areas are great now! I can sit at the dinner table, drive a car etc.

I just need to learn to slow down which is hard for me. The MRIs showed some cervical stuff to be aware of as well as a few ugly thoracics which do cause issues if I swim too much so now I'm thinking I just need to take her easy. Walking is fantastic though. Still do machine weights but I'm not doing MMA, too much of a chickenshart for that.

Docs here at Kaiser were going to consign me to a life of pain management drugs and PT. Pffffft.

I chose to live life abundantly instead and decided to turn into the punch head on. Glad I did. When I see my lumbar before it just sends shivers looking at it.

Call me if anyone needs help in making a decision, but I admit I'm biased in leaving this banana republic behind.

And anti fragile, I like your style. You should talk to Frank. He went to Clavel also and rolled his jitz mats out again a few months ago. And is rolling on em again. He's a four level, neck and lumbar.

And Throttle, can I see your wife's pre/postop? I really want to see that reversal of curve re established by El Maestro.

Chronic back pain started in 2010 while shrugging weights that a 40 yr. old shouldn't even try.

MRI in 2012 showing L4/L5, L5/S1 herniations and L2/L3 bulge.

L5/S1 taking on new shape, chronic sciatica, etc.

DEXA bone scan performed 5/7/14 showing mild osteopenia.

Surgery performed July 9th, 2014, Dr Clavel, hybrid three level lumbar.