Thread: Newbe Intro:
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2014, 09:35 PM

Gene, thanks for the offer . I will send you a pm later. I have Medicare a&ab and supplemental United healthcare.

I had empire bcbs at the time and I had a positive discogram as well and they denied the surgeons appeal and my appeal partly I think because I was on there cobra coverage and it was about to run out within the next month. After my cobra coverage ran out I tried to get the surgery done out of pocket but the costs were way more than we could afford. I will admit I put way to much faith in my doctors to do the right thing and relied on them for all the research I should have done myself. I did not even find out about Adr,s until late last year. It,s been extremely frustrating as I have been going from doc to doc trying to get something done and every time they want you to go through the same old routine ( phys therapy, injections, etc.) over and over again while I am wasting more and more time. I went to 3 doctors over the last 3 years and I am just tired and want to get back to having a life.

In the past 6 months I have sent out medical packages to 6 doctors for review ( some in us and some overseas ) of which one did not even reply to my inquiry. I have an appointment with a doctor at Yale in conn. on Monday for another review and hope that he might have some more options for me but I won,t hold my breath.

I guess you can summize from my thoughts that I am at my wits end with this and every day that goes by I feel that more damage is occurring to other areas including facets that might just make adr surgery an impossibility. I guess if I didn,t have to wait 1to 2 months every time I want to seek another doctors opinion in the us I wouldn't mind getting some more opinions from them. At this point I would fly out or drive out anywhere in the us to meet these doctors face to face and hand them my medical packet directly to maybe expedite the evaluation process. I have kind of put my foot down an said enough is enough I need to make a decision and get something done because I need to get back to work and catch up on bills.

Thanks and a happy new year to you also.

Bob
herniated/bulging/autofusion lumbar discs/ 4 levels
2013- L5-S1 discectomy in Florida / RFD lumbar
2014- C5-6 cervical fusion in NH. PEEK prostetic w/plate
Spinal decompression machine/5 days x 5 months.
Injections/RFD,s/Chiro/acupuncture/Meds/Phys Thrpy/ etc etc etc. To much to list.

Last edited by Harrison; 01-01-2015 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Added p breaks