Thread: Newbe Intro:
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 10:56 AM

Thanks Harrison and Dema for the welcome.

Harrison, I would gladly take any info I can get on the further treatment of my Lyme disease for sure as it is in what my doctor calls remission and I currently keep in check with supplements, herbs, vitamins, stretching and exercises( which aggravate the back and neck ), correct food diet ( nuts,fruit,greens,etc..)and infrared sauna. You can never have enough info on a subject like this as I have found out over the past 4 years. If you have any links to materials I would greatly appreciate them in a PM. I have a fantastic Lyme literate doctor from Mass that took me quite a while to get into to see her as there is quite a waiting list for these types of doctors. She is an MD and a holistic/naturopath doctor and tends to combine the best of both worlds.

I will say it was pure hell getting through the first 2 years of treatment and without her constant support I don't think I would have made it to where I am now. I was referred to her by David Hunter from the NH chronicle TV Documentary back a few years and he also runs a Lyme support group as well as an internet information network. My doctor an I have been round and round on the affects of the Lyme disease on my ongoing spinal issues and she is of the opinion that anything is possible but with my long history of spine problems well before my chronic Lyme disease diagnosis that Lyme is not the cause of these issues but it does tend to attack damaged areas of the body first so it could be making it slightly worse but with my remission at present she does not think it is significant enough and thinks that disc replacement or fusion is the safe coarse of action since everything else has failed. I will always have on again off again issues with the disease but at this point my immune numbers are steadily increasing which indicates that my natural immune system is fighting the invaders with support from my daily regiment.

Maybe this subject should not be in this thread Harrison ( I am not sure how the structure of the forums work quite yet ). If you feel that this issue should be in a new thread I would gladly start a new thread or add to an old thread already started on this issue to help out anyone who may be subjected to this disease or is a family member of such. Let me now what you think.?

Dema, I have also inquired to many surgeons overseas and a few here in the U.S. in which I have received varying degrees of diagnosis's and I will admit it tends to be quite confusing to distinguish between them which is the correct way for me to go. I am not throwing out the opportunity to stay here in the U.S. for surgery and maybe even get it covered partly by my insurance. I have an appointment with Dr. James Yue from Yale University medical on Monday for a consult/evaluation and testing. I have also contacted 2 more surgeons on the west coast and one in Texas from PM,s I have had with members of this forum. These forums are great and seems like the people are very caring and forthright about there opinions and recommendations. I can't tell you how much I appreciate the help bouncing off ideas with others in the same situations.

Thanks Harrison,
marzman54 / Bob
herniated/bulging/autofusion lumbar discs/ 4 levels
2013- L5-S1 discectomy in Florida / RFD lumbar
2014- C5-6 cervical fusion in NH. PEEK prostetic w/plate
Spinal decompression machine/5 days x 5 months.
Injections/RFD,s/Chiro/acupuncture/Meds/Phys Thrpy/ etc etc etc. To much to list.

Last edited by Harrison; 01-02-2015 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Added P breaks