View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 06:00 PM

Mike,

As someone that doesn't have either of the devices you're looking at, I'll go ahead and answer.

I don't know if the Mobi-C is so much better than the ProDisc-C that it's worth the hassle of insurance appeals (that you'll almost certainly loose) to try and get it. The Mobi-C was designed to address one of the problems that is inherent in the ProDisc; overloading the facets on cervical extension. I haven't seen any engineering or kinematic comparisons to how much better it is; only that it was designed to be better in that area.

I woke up (from all three cervical surgeries) with all pre-surgical symptoms gone. A lot of us have that experience and a lot of us take weeks and months to get over the pre-surgical symptoms. BTW: that is not a result of ADR, but a result of the neural decompression, which is done when you have fusion or ADR.

For me I knew that decompression worked before I left OR recovery. To know if it works long term requires, well, long term time. I know my double ADR is good for five years. I won't know if it's good for six years until Nov 25, 2015.

You're going to do great. Good luck!
Conceded defeat to a manifestly disingenuous BCBS-TX in my quest for reimbursement, Jan 2011