View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 03:58 PM

HI,

I would steer clear from Stenum... I've read about too many horror stories, all though i have seen alot of success, but the bad ones are just really bad.

When i was looking for an ADR Surgeon, I contacted all of them in Germany. Took my time.. Tried to dig up dirt on them via the internet.

The only one i couldn't find any dirt on was Dr Zeegers. I could only find raving reviews. He does charge a small initial fee, but it was well worth the $$. All the other dr just looked at my films and said "yes we could fix you", Dr Zeegers on the other hand, wanted my full medical history and a ton of information, xrays, bone density, mri's etc. When i got down there, he more xrays, ct scans, etc just to make sure nothing had changed. He leaves no stone un-turned.

The one thing i really liked about Dr Zeegers is that you talk to him directly, not some secretary, or administration, but him directly. Multiple skype session etc. Even after my surgery, he still responds to my questions. Super nice caring Doctor. This was also one of my reasons for choosing him, he did a full review and didn't push anything on me. It was completely up to me if I wanted to go though with it or not.

One interesting fact is that after he did his full diagnosis on myself, due to my spine pathology a M6 disc would have failed within 6 months to a year. I was all set on the M6 for a long time. I ended up getting the activ-L which has been true and tried with Dr Zeegers for many years. He has not had one disc slip etc. He only had to remove it once, from an older lady with sever osteoporosis. The problem wasn't the disc, but her bones.

I think it comes down to choosing the Dr you feel is the best for you and let them decide which disc to put in based on your spine pathology.

I guess I am a bit bisis since I no nothing other than my experience with Dr Zeegers, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it

Good luck, feel free to PM me if need be.

Cheers,

Karger