View Single Post
Old 03-20-2015, 12:09 PM

Default Update: Joining the M6 Club

Hi Eveyone,
Harrison, this is probably not where this post should go, sorry! but, I am leaving tomorrow for surgery with Dr. Clavel. Other than the pain, I am ready "yay me"!
I will be getting two M6 spinal kinetic discs at L5/S1, L4/L5, and hopefully it will go very smoothly. Other than loss of distal height, and the herniation on my nerve, everything with my facet joints and vertebrae are in good shape for both levels to receive the replacement discs. My worry of things beginning to auto fuse on there on, is finally a none issue. Since Nov. till present, and my newest X-rays shows increase loss of distal height and those vertebrae getting closer together. My surgery decisions are made. I am sure I will feel the soreness after. I am staying at the AKO, Surgery will be on Wed. 25th. I am taking some Euro's and some U.S. currency, but I wasn't sure how much. Did not think I'd feel like shopping. But, I am open to any suggestions on good places to eat. I feel bad that I will be there for Easter and would like to treat the my family going with me, if I'm able. I did get transportation, but not daily after my release from the hospital. So, any suggestions on public transportation is welcome. I will try and let everyone know how I am doing, feeling, and with just the overall experience.
My main reason for this post is to say Thank You, to everyone who took time out of their lives to either talk, email or message with me. There are not enough words to convey what this site and the people who post on it, have done for me. I was overwhelmed, and frustrated. Those are very dangerous emotions because it can lead to rash decision making. I feel confident and informed about my condition an the solution I have chosen to peruse. I am sure it's because I found all of you and this site. So, from the deepest parts of my heart and soul "THANK YOU"!
Wish me luck, guys!
Last 18mos. increased flair-ups and leg pain.
Not interested in fusion, actively seeking better quality of life.
At present constant pain with daily activities.
Need 2-level adr L4-L5, L5-S1, just turned 38.
Surgery with Dr. Pablo Clavel, 3/25/2015, 2-level
L4-L5-S1.