Thread: Hello everyone
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2017, 05:23 PM

Default Hello everyone

Hi there,

I joined this forum a couple of weeks ago so I could read the section that discussed results of surgery. Its been interesting reading the experiences others have gone through in their quest for a more pain free life.

After having gone through a fusion myself in 1997 I swore off ever having another back surgery again and here I am about 20 years later ready to jump on the table, just too much damn pain. I was hoping an ADR would be solution, one that provide better results than a fusion.

Having waited over a year to get into seeing the surgeon who did my fusion and still having another half year to go, I realized that I couldn't possibly wait that long so started reaching out overseas for options. A couple of days ago I received a response from Dr. Clavel stating that he was in agreement to an ADR at L4-L5, that was the best news I had heard in a long time. Today I heard from another surgeon, Dr. Ritter-Lang that because of the stenosis visible in my MRI, that getting an ADR was in complete contradiction to that condition and instead he recommends a Coflex by Paradigm at that level.

I don't know right now to be happy about the concept of getting this Coflex ( never even heard that form of treatment before today ) or worried that the exact same information and images generated completely different diagnosis.

Maybe this is the wrong forum to ask but does anyone have insight on the Coflex and it's success in relieving pain ?

Anyway, thanks for listening.

Regards, Doug

Have exhausted all forms of conservative treatment including PT, RFA's , acupuncture etc .... now looking into surgical options for L4-L5 20 years after swearing against ever having another back surgery