Thread: Hello ..
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2005, 03:30 PM

Hello Everyone,

I am new also, just logging in today. My husband had a triple ADR L3-4, L4-5, L5-S1., on February 14th,2005 in Straubing Geramny, with DR. Bertagnoli. We found our experience to be profoundly wonderful, IE: Dr.Bertagnoli's integrity as well as the rest of the health care team at St. Elisabeth's, and including our hotel stay, and the wonderful residents os Straubing....we however figured most of this on our own....

Our referral to Dr. Bertaghnoli was through Dr. James Yue in Connecticut, (because, as you all know a triple is not possible in the US yet)and he had a patient help with basic info, but nothing as currrent as what I'm reading here. Fortunately, I am tenacious and willing to meet people as well as expect that most people are decent and wonderful and only want to help. Sometimes you get what you look for!

Wish we had found you sooner, I am weeping at all your stories, and our positive experience has compelled me to help where I can. I was a quick study of the language and customs of Germany and made many new friends in the healthcare community. This has been so delightful after 14 years of my husbands debilitating, back pain and failed surgeries.

I need to get my husband to read your stories, he is healing beautifully, but it will be a long haul and he often times feels very isolated, indeed pain is very isolating.

We are attending the conference in NYC this weekend, and look forward to meeting some of you!

All the best,

Anita Peludat
Bio-active bone cement used at all three levels in Germany after osteoporosis was discovered in OR. (false negative bone densit