View Single Post
Old 01-01-2007, 10:16 AM

Byron,

I would get insurance sooner than later. They will look harder at you the longer that you go without insurance. The pre-existing condition exclusion that you ask about will be based on what you have been treated for in the last 12 months. I changed insurance companies and they excluded any out-patient care(chiropractic)until I was able to go a year w/o going to the chiropractor or any other doctor for my back. My insurance did pay for my ADR while that exclusion was in place.

I would be honest in the questionnaire but if your not currently under a doctors care then it is not a problem now and only history. Everyone’s back gets sore from time to time. Get signed up now, wait as long as you can and do what you need to do when the back pain becomes too much to handle.

Remember that all insurance polices are a contract that you need to fully read and understand. It would be worth letting an attorney read it and fully explain your rights and responsibilities to you.

Happy New Year

Pat