View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 09:26 PM

Hi Rosie,

Have you asked each surgeon why s/he has chosen the implant s/he prefers? There might be good info there.

Beyond that, I can only offer my own experience (as a minority cervie, sorry ). I researched several discs, and was accepted by surgeons who used the Bryan, the Prestige and the Prodisc-C. The implants themselves all have their potential/known pro's and con's; I couldn't decide based on available implants alone.

The surgeons, however, were much easier to differentiate! All were good within their realms of experience, but one stood out as best for me in my individual situation. Perhaps that's a significant consideration for you, too?

With regard to cases similar to yours, does one surgeon have more experience than the other? With regard to cases similar to yours, what does each surgeon have to say about patient outcomes? Can you talk to their post-op patients (who had cases similar to yours)?

If the implants themselves don't sway you, then given all of your rationality and intuition combined, do you trust one surgeon more than the other?

Hoping this helps rather than adding more confusion to your plate.

Best wishes for you,
-j