View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 07:19 AM
Administrator

Judy,

A good massage therapist can really help you -- by finding and working out the scar tissue --and perhaps some of the adhesions too. Here’s a short list of things that you may want to research & consider:

- Massage: some therapists have special training in medical massage, look in your phonebook or call the hospital for referrals.

- Stretching: same as above, in that some professionals can provide instruction on stretching and yoga-type exercises to “untangle” some of the knots and stresses in the GI tract.

- Tai Chi: this takes many years to master, but a few simple exercises help you learn how to breath more effectively. More to your point, certain easy movements can help you gently stretch your innards (one called Heavenly Circles come to mind).

- Enzymes: over the counter enzymes are one of the most incredible and neglected health miracles in this country. There are several enzymes that can help dissolve the fibrin within scar tissue, possibly with adhesions too. Info resources for enzymes on the Internet are “crappy,” but libraries and bookstores have some good resources. I liked, The Complete Book of Enzyme Therapy by Anthony J. Cichoke.

Hope this helps….

One more thing I almost forgot to mention. I had an emergency appie in 2000 (almost croaked, as the appendix burst) and had a slow recovery. I did develop a “tight spot” or constriction in the upper small intestine. Eventually, I had a colonoscopy which fixed the problem – perhaps by blowing up my GI tract like a balloon – and undoing the adhesion!
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate