Thread: The Alphaklinik
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2008, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Nick:
(del.text) I spoke to Nicole, Drs. Zeegers' assistant about the article. She informed me that Dr. Dekkers has been let go and did not specify why. I am still on schedule for my surgery on 5/16/08 with Drs. Zeegers at the Alpha Klinik. It appears as if Drs. Zeegers and Dr. Dekkers had no business relationship whatsoever from the above posts and from my conversations with Nicole. I am moving forward with my C5-C6 Moci-C and possible removal of C6-C7 fusion and replacement with Mobi-C. Wish me luck; I'll post the outcome on the Surgical Outcome board.

Nick
Best wishes for you in the surgery with the Mobidisc-C and a smooth recovery. I really hope that goes well; there have to be a list of dependencies for the surgeons to think about changing Fusion to ADR at C6-C7. How long ago did you get the fusion at C6-7?

Renewed my passport last year, thinking AlphaKlinik, or Pro-Spine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Translator.live.com , http://www.windowslivetranslator.com , Dutch to English , http://www.feed24.com/go/52520220, reading a web posting dated May 7, 2008

There was a lawsuit filed against Dr. Dekkers. A Dutch patient had four (4) back operations, 60,000 Euro later and the patient remained in pain or worsened. I think several other Dutch patients joined the lawsuit. An "independent doctor" (radiologist?) reviewed Dr. Dekker's cases where stenosis was diagnosed (assume leading to surgery). The independent doctor did not confirm all the diagnosis. Lawsuits create "Expert Witnesses" in this country, paid for their opinon. Assume similar occurs in the Netherlands and Germany. The Expert Witness, identified as a doctor, stated "no stenosis" in seventeen (17?) cases where Dr. Dekker wrote "stenosis".

The article does not state how many other expert witnesses confirmed Dr. Dekkers findings. I am disappointed in the results both for the patients and Dr. Dekkers.

Dr. Toft, heads AlphaKlinik, said "unacceptable" in the web article. The article said Dr. Dekkers was dismissed.

Surgery does not have a guaranteed outcome; each of the four (4) surgeons I spoke with said the same. Surgery selection is based on a diagnosis. Patients rely on the diagnosis. Some aspects of the diagnosis are quantifiable, some possibly? subjective, like degrees of disc or facet degeneration. Surgical results for patients vary. We want "clinical results" in the correct segement, or better.

Patients on ADRSupport.org shared "legal" stories, like my own, where there was an Independent Medical Examination (IME) that was written in favor of the defendant or plaintiff. No big surprise; it's business, not necessarily justice in everyone's view.

Patients can speculate about lawsuits, what happened, who said what, complicated by not able to read Dutch, but ... this is not a great use of time. A couple of posts on ADRSupport.org refer to getting a couple of surgical opinons; this is a good idea.

Dr. Zeegers et al @ AlphaKlinik remain on my short list for surgery,

Slackwater
mva: 2-level lumbar surgical candidate

----------------------------------------------------------

slackwater_sf
2004 MVA, 2-level lumbar surgical candidate