View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 04:43 AM

Hi Rose

As the founder/builder of the new ADR UK site, with many thanks to Alastairs input, I just want to say that the board has been founded as an additional resource for UK patients. Many patients including myself plus the UK surgeons were calling for a UK board hence its build.

I agree that it is important for patients to do their research & go with whichever surgeon & country they feel most comfortable with.

I also agree that ADR is still very new & not just in the UK. The aim of the UK board is to be an additional resource with up to date information on surgeons, hospitals etc within the UK although you'll see that there are still links to surgeons in other countries & of course a link to this very informative board that has the advantage of being more established with a bigger membership base because of that. I'm sure in time the UK board will become just as established.

I'm sure Alastair will agree that we don't at anytime want there to be an "us & them" when it comes to the board as that will achieve nothing.

I hope this all makes some sort of sense as I'm completely loaded on Morphine at the moment!!

All the best

37 years old
DDD
L4/L5 - L5/S1 DDD
L5/S1 Annular Tear
End Stage Facet Joint Arthritis
Chronic Pain
Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
15 Nov 06 ~ Prodisc ADR at L5/S1
Need a revision but not a surgeon in the UK will (or can?) remove a Prodisc!!
Prodisc has ruined my life