View Single Post
Old 07-25-2005, 07:07 PM

Dear Badneck,

I understand your frustration. I have been thru numerous operations for many different things such as a spleenectomy (age 3) for spherocytosis, meckels diverticulum and appendectomy, numerous ovarian cysts that burst, carpal tunnel release (R&L), thumb release (R&L), hysterectomy and now my back is falling apart. To make matters worse, I have a prothrombin blood clotting disorder where I have had 3 deep vein thrombosis - all of this at a very early age. My dad and mom live in NY and I am in CA - I need my mom to come out to help when I have the surgery. Well, my dad is in complete denial about the whole thing. He doesn't even discuss it with me. The real kicker is that my fact joint deformity (it is missing) is exactly what my dad had. Sometimes I am embarrassed about how many things that I have had wrong with me - fortunately, my husband is very supportive. We laugh because if anyone mentions that they have an ailment (especially their back), I tell them that they cannot trump my back. All kidding aside, I do agree with the post from Jefferson. In all factions of life, many people do not know what a situation is like until they have experienced it. Hang in there and try to have some nice talks with your husband, maybe even show him some of the posts. Good luck.

Missing Facet Joint L5-S1
Collapsed Disc L4-5
DDD L3-4
Severe Stenosis
Disco + 3 levels
Sched. Oct. 11 - 2 level ADR & fusion
Dr. John Regan - L.A.
Awaiting approval!
[URL=http://www.lauracedar.com/XrayGallery]www.lauracedar.com/XrayGallery[/U