View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008, 10:28 AM

Terry: you appear to share the same/similar level of activity that I try to involve myself in.....how long were you "off the bike" after your surgery? How long before you were actively exercising again? I am doing my best to remain in good shape prior to any procedure, not that it's going to happen anytime really soon. But I'm trying to get an idea of how long I will have to off work, off the bike, off of running, etc.
Work is not exactly a sedentery job. I am an ER veterinarian, and while I usually have 2 techinicians for assistance, I am on my feet for hours at a time, and I try not to do stupid things.....like lifting big dogs. And I would imagine that would be BIG no-no for a period of time post-op. I don't know what you do for a living, and so don't know how much your situation would apply to me, other than your recreational pursuits. Can you give me any ideas? I'm also currently considering biacuplasty, discussed with me yesterday at the time of an ESI to try and tone things down a bit. I read a bit about it, but mostly have a lot more questions.

Thanks, eh?
Susan/ERvet
2007-RF @L5-S123, 2mo relief
2008-disco pos @L5-S1, +/-L4-5
Waiting as long as poss for ADR, considering biacuplasty
Don't even ask about the other ortho sx!
New onset left-sided pain Nov 08