View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 07:51 AM

Good morning Sara,

I want to wish you the best on your upcoming surgery. I have found this community very friendly and informative in my journey through the ADR experience. The pain pump will only deliver a predetermined amount over a set period of time. You can “push the button” as much as you want, but it will still deliver the same set amount. I just had a two level Prodisc implant on C5/6, 6/7. My pump was set for every 15 minutes and boy oh boy did I hit that button. I don’t know if this is true or not, but my doctor told me that the more pain you are in, the slower you could heal. I guess if your mind was preoccupied on the pain it could be true. Use the meds they allow. No sense being more miserable.

As far as the teeth grinding, I know that I had a tube down my throat. Not sure if Lumbar surgery uses this also, but I would ask. If they do, there is no way you will be able to grind. Once you are out of recovery, they should allow your mouth guard.

I was out of their gowns 2 hours after recovery. Shorts and a tee shirt was my ticket. Bring comfortable cloths. Not sure how long you will be there, but an MP3 or IPOD along with a hand held game will break the boredom.

Good luck and Peace be with you,

Diagnosed with DDD in Nov, 2007. MRI, EMG
C3/4 C4/5 C5/6 C6/7
Surgery 06.04.08--C5/6 and C6/7 with Prodisc was a success.