View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 01:41 AM

I have been very nervous and one of my friends on another support group found this sight and gave me the link. I have had Severe chronic back pain since I fell in 2002, and have had 3 back surgeries the first a Lamonectomy was a complete failor and even made the pain worse, The doctor wanted to Fuse me but I told him that I wanted to wait until ADR was availible he told me I would be in a wheel chair with in a year. Well becuase I am very stubborn and worked very hard I never ended up in a Wheel chair. Then the Spinal cord stimulator was a god send for a while but the pain has gotten worse and it no longer works very well at all. When I went to the Ortho again in April I was down to less than 3mm of disc height some areas are bone on bone. I finished all the testing and found out that I am a canidate for ADR in May but Workers comp took until July to approve the surgery. I was given 2 weeks notice about the surgery and have been working hard to get my house ready for when I come home. I will only have a little bit of help from my church as I am single. I hope that I will be okay the doctor says that he will keep me in the hospital until Saturday. I have had a lot of pain because of all the insomnia and house work That I have been doing well I need to go to bed hope to be able to write soon thanks
PT, gait training, Chronic pain
ADR 8/2/2007