View Single Post
Old 04-22-2006, 01:36 PM

Thank you everyone to responding to my initial post. Tricia pretty much gave the better answer, but I felt like throwing in my two cents on how well the visit went with Dr. Bitan and his staff. Not only was Dr. Bitan's demeanor very reassuring, but the fact that he has operated with a "team" during his 380 Charite surgeries is also very reassuring. He provided us with statistics of the percentage of people that have had little to no pain after the surgery, people who still continue to have a little pain, and only one case where a he performed the ADR surgery failed, and he had to then do a fusion which cured the pain.

He mentioned to us that he has done several ADR replacements (removed the Charite and did a fusion) and the results have always been successful, but still recommended that he feels Charite is the best way to go.

I mentioned his staff above, so I wanted to discuss them as well. The vascular surgeon that has performed these surgeries with Bitan also met with us and he's a GREAT doctor... very trusting, very reassuring. Annie, who seems to be almost his office manager (for lack of a better term) was very friendly and worked with us throughout the day to make sure we'd be able to speak with them after returning from Tricia's facet block test.

If anyone is still searching for a doctor to speak with, the day trip to NYC to visit with Dr. Bitan is well worth it in my opinion. Tricia and I are both very happy that we were able to make the trip and were given the answers we were so hoping to hear. Thanks again to everyone for all your help! Please let Tricia or me know if there is anything we can do to help return the favor!

~ Jeff