Thread: New to Board
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2006, 11:12 AM

Hi my name is terry and i live near las Vegas. I appreciate all the information that I have received via this board, A little about myself and my condition.
I was injured in an ATV accident in November 2003. I landed on my right hip and had a sharp pain. This pain has continued for the last 3 years. I had some minor back issues before the injury and now seem to have hit the lottery of problems. I had a large collection of fluid on the hip called a seroma. I had 2 different plastic surgeons remove the fluid thru an incision including taking out the tissue pouch to stop the fluid from collecting. I still had pain and the muscles surrond ing my L4-5,l5-S1 are always sore and stiff.
I went to Beverly Hills for a micro diskectomy after doing some studying on their site and others WWW.spineonline.org. After their procedure I felt great until about 2 weeks went by and the pain meds wore off. I did not get any better with therapy and time. I then went to a Pain Management MD and went thru the usual injections and even a razotomey(sp). Finally with little relief I went to see Dr. John Thalgott in Las Vegas. After MRIs and consultations we decided to proceed with a laminectomy(sp). This was done 9-2004. This procedure stopped the sciaitca and helped with the hip pain although it has reamined constant since the accident.
Pain in the hip now has increased to a point where i cnnot make it thru the day without a couple of vicoden and a sleeping pill to get to sleep. It appears that L4-5 is dehrydiatindg and Dr. Thalgott is suggesting a fusion of L4-5. I asked about ADR but BCBS will not cover it. I am currently asking them to make an exception thru my employer. I also had a diskogram done 9-27 and will get the results net week when I see Dr. thalgott again. Diskogram was not bad but I am very sore and stiff from the procedure yesterday and today.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have reserched both of the procedures and am still not decided which one makes sense for me. Sorry to be so long winded.