View Single Post
Old 02-01-2006, 11:46 AM
Banned

Eddie,
Good luck. I have lifetime future med benefits and for several years the insurance carrier offered to pay for ADR even tho UR denied the surgery. Now I'm back to square one fighting to get where I was when I wasn't ready/sure about having the surgery!

WC is sending me for another consultation tho this time with someone that is ADR trained however doesn't perform ADR, tho does work closely with referrals to a group that does them.

Honestly I don't know where I will stand in terms of what this person will be rendering decision wise.. hopefully not for multilevel fusion as I'd be going backwards vs. forwards IMHO...

My primary treating physician/OSS wants to do ADR and fusion combo as he feels that will be approved by UR.. I told him I wanted to fight for the multilevel ADR if I was still a candidate which now will have to go back and do the discogram/CT again to see ...

Anyway, good luck~ WC is rather maze like in terms of getting anywhere~ purposefully so..tho I wish you the best and hope you will win in your fight to get ADR.

From what I've read, if you are fighting to get ADR, the surgeon you have chosen must present enough Evidenced Based Medicine (studies) that would bear out that ADR is the surgery that would give optimal results in your case and that it is as good as or better than fusion in terms of results.

Let us know how all goes please~