View Single Post
Old 01-23-2006, 10:46 AM

Hello Lee,

I had a BMI of about 30 when I had my surgery. I was never told that my weight would be a problem during the surgery but knew that it would help to lose weight for my recovery. I lost some weight prior to the surgery and have lost about 10 pounds since. I did lose the weight prior to the surgery strictly through dieting as I was unable to exercise. It is very hard to do but my emotional state improved dramatically when I started agressively pursuing ADR because it gave me a goal to work towards. Previously, I felt very depressed because I felt I had no viable options.

I agree with Mariaa too, that even though I was not considered obese, probably a "real" BMI test would have showed my body fat percentage was much higher that just the chart did because of how little muscle mass I actually had due to inactivity.

I know it is tough, but just think that you do have a possible resolution to your pain with ADR and try to get excited about that and your diet is one of the things you can do to give yourself the best possible outcome.

Good luck!

Feeling great!