View Single Post
Old 10-16-2005, 04:35 PM

Just went out and got the mail from yesterday and there it was. I am so down. I'm at loss as to what to do now. The year is almost up and I have been hearing rumors at work that next year we are going to an 80 / 20 type insurance program. Money is tight for me and if it gives approved next year I would never have the out of pocket for it. I'm thinking now of going the fusion route so I can get it in before the year is out. Can anyone tell me if this is a definite "death sentence" for my disk above? (I'm an L4 and L5).

The thing that really ticks me off about the insurance is the fossils they pull out to review your case. In my instance it was a Dr. Broock. UHC put in parentheses (Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon) behind his name. A quick google search shows he is retired and specialized in arthritis patients. I think they put the parentheses in because in my dealings with my HR department I told them that UHC would do this.

Anyway, thanks for listening and if it's your persuausion send out a prayer my way.

Thanks,

Paul