View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 03:58 AM

My 2 cents about the rumoured legal issues:

1. It's libel, not slander. Libel is written, slander is spoken.

2. Among other things, in order for it to be libel, it must be a false statement. I don't see any reason to believe these are false statements, merely uncomfortable ones.

3. If anyone wished to sue Harrison or adrsupport.org they would have a hard time proving causation, i.e. that Harrison's actions or inaction was resonably linked to the libel. It is not the same as a newspaper where the editor is responsible and decides upon every word of its content.

4. Generally people only sue if their is money to be had.....and it sounds like all the parties are poor as church mice.

5. Harrison, ss non-profit org, in the US anyway, no judgements against it can touch your personal finances (house, car, etc....) so long as the paperwork is in order. I believe it is very similar in the UK, even though our legal systems have been seperated for a few hundred years.

I see no real danger here.

Sincerely,
Trish
(a licensed American attorney)

As for the rest....I am getting lazy in here....my life is calling to me to get away from this computer....so I will just say I concur wholeheartedly with Lindsay.
2002 - 3mo. severe pain,
2003-2005 - Relief from much of pain, ZERO pain for 9mo w/ 1st preg.