View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 07:33 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Grumpy,

Welcome to the community !!

I am part of the mobi-C ADR clinical trials but I sort of fell into it through the back door and I was randomized as a "control" patient so I have a fusion. It's a cervical disk clinical trial anyways and has since been closed.

I agree that Harrison would probably be your best bet on where to find ongoing trials and he also keeps an updated list of trials on the boards here under the Cutting Edge forum http://adrsupport.org/eve/forums/a/t...1/m/5041091122

As Steelskyway mentioned there may be some trials available out of the laspineinstitute.com , my surgeon works out of there and has a private practice as well.

If you decide on a clinical trial there are MANY questions you will need to ask prior to agreeing to becoming a participant. I do not regret my decision one bit, however there were things I didn't know to ask that could have made my experience much better. We live and learn.

A trial is very good about explaining what the study will do, what it will provide, and everything about the ADR they are testing. But pay particular attention to if it is randomized, how that is done, what percentage of patients "get" the device AND what the procedure is in "detail" for the control patients that don't get the device.

As I said I do not regret my decision at all about joining my clinical trial OR the fact that I was randomized as a control. However there were limitations in the control fusion surgery that I was ignorant on that could have affected my outcome. I got/am getting the BEST possible care, don't get me wrong. I love my Spine Doc and all the care he has given me. But there were some minor things I didn't ask out of ignorance.

Feel free to PM me if I can answer any questions and I wish you all the best in your search !!!!!
Severe Vitamin D Deficiency
Spinal Fusion C5-C6, C6-C7 - May 2007
Multiple epidurals, L 3/4/5 & S1
L 3,4,5 & S1 herniated/bulging disks-under control for now.