View Single Post
Old 10-01-2005, 06:41 AM

Hi folks,
somewhere recently someone said that they were quoted $ 28,000 for a vascular surgeon to be at their surgery in the USA. I've tried to find the quote but can't do.

I just checked up on what my costs were in Europe and I've paid �2,684 ($3238) for the services of Dr Zeegers plus the vascular surgeon plus ensuring that the wound was okay after my surgery.

I think if the European figures were pushed at the insurance companies, then in theory they would send all the USA people to Europe and the whole thing would be so much cheaper for everyone concerned, and the insurance companies would be happy too. (Some members actually persuaded their insurance companies to pay for their surgery in Europe) and they agreed.

I know that's not practical because Europe could not cope with the vast number of people from the USA -- -- -- it certainly makes you think

It sounds to me as if the USA surgeons and medical people are on the huge "gravy train". I don't believe for one minute that they can't correspond with the people in Europe or in the UK and asked them what price they charge for the work involved.

I'd better stop now because it's getting a bit of a hobbyhorse of mine
best,
Alastair
http://www.adrsupport.org/alastair.html
Thank goodness for Dr Zeegers I am painfree
I am here to help,I live in the UK

I now run the UK spine site and can be contacted at

www.adrsupportuk.com/