View Single Post
Old 08-21-2006, 02:42 PM

Thought I'd just say "hello"

I have DDD with Facet Joint Arthritis & some suspected nerve damage.

As my old Consultant has not been at all helpful & is now retiring, I'm currently waiting for an appointment to go & see one of the consultants at the Spinal Unit at QMC Nottingham. I have insurance so hopefully won't have to wait for too long.

At the moment I'd having a really bad time with my back & am not able to manage my pain. My GP has been more than useless but I've found a new surgery in the village who tell me that one of their GP's main interests is Ortho so hopefully he might take me seriously. From past bad experiences I don't have a lot of faith in the medical profession

I regularly see a McTimoney Chiropractor & tomorrow I'm going for some accupunture to try & get some pain relief.

I'm really interested in learning about ADR after twice seeing the operation on BBC's City Hospital programme. I have lots of questions I suppose & worries too. I want, like anyone, to lead a pain free life but I wonder if I'm just asking too much? The concern over the op for me really is the recovery.

I'll stop writing for now or else I'll digress & ramble

Thank you for the informative forum, I look forward to chatting with you & learning more

37 years old
DDD
L4/L5 - L5/S1 DDD
L5/S1 Annular Tear
End Stage Facet Joint Arthritis
Chronic Pain
Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
15 Nov 06 ~ Prodisc ADR at L5/S1
Need a revision but not a surgeon in the UK will (or can?) remove a Prodisc!!
Prodisc has ruined my life