View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 01:47 AM
Banned

Hello All,

The gathering was wonderful, warm and upbeat. I know for Chris who is pre surgery it is a load to digest all these ADR folks with various stories and those still waiting to have it done. Once I was there and now, well, my outcome was heaven sent. Thank God.

I believe for many of us as we go through this experience our spiritual beliefs are strengthened. Certainly it gives us a moment to pause and look over our life as we wonder how this awful mess could have happened to us and why we can�t just have it fixed immediately.

This gathering was a testimony to those who have suffered, endured and are looking at life again albeit with a deeper appreciation for each day. I know I do. It was terrific to see Brad so fresh from his surgery and looking years younger.

Meeting Paulette was a jazz as she is a bundle of inspired energy. Dan was a gracious host behind a smiling grimace of holding up through a long few days of getting all ready. The room was awesome and perfect for the group.

Pablo I observed slinging my coolers around like they were empty cardboard boxes and then we got time to visit a tough guy with a 3 level, 10 months out. Big smiles from Marlo his sweet wife.

Hey big kudos to all our spouses, partners, or caregivers who have hung in for us short tempered, drug hazed, sofa addicted or not, spineys who have put our best halves through premature aging. My wife gets the award for sure. She is a terrific gal who has stuck to me for 23 years and is my best part of me.

Maria I so enjoyed sharing with you and my heart goes out to you with all your continued struggles with your back. Observing you and Jim moving around every 3 minutes on your feet or sitting then back up gave me flashbacks of me too.

Rick and Rick I saw nothing but smiles from each of you and then I found out how you are each just a few months post op, doing awesome. Gary looked good and my wife loved your car!

The star of the party to me was seeing Mark and Diane. Mark looked relaxed and happy, not his usual haggard look from his worrying about all of us. I know I aged him a mite going through my ordeal. Mark was and is a good friend for staying close by me throughout. He has a deep compassion for all of us back pain sufferers as he is one too.

So glad and happy he and Diane get some vacation time in one of my favorite countries. All in all this was a close nit group unlike a High School reunion; we have all been to the mountain top and know it. I do appreciate each of you and look forward to seeing you again. And for those who couldn't make it I hope to meet you at the next event, wherever it may be. My vote is Hawaii!

God Bless the ADR forum and each of you and to anyone I forgot to mention in my long post.

Willie

-----------------

June 02� Fell and fractured L2, L3, L4 vertebrae
Recovered, still in pain, sought rehab treatment
Dec 03� Ruptured L4-L5 disc in rehab office
Dec 03 to Jan 04� Three (3) consecutive hemi-laminectomy surgeries due to complications
Aug 04� ADR surgery, Germany at Stenum, L3/L4 and L4/L5 level, Charite
Subsidence of L3 implant
Oct 04� Revision surgery of L3/L4. New larger implants installed. More complications, specific left iliac artery occlusion
Angio graphies Nov 04� and Feb 05� non successful
Scheduled for aorta-femoral bypass May 05�
Healed through prayer and faith by God on April 26th, 05�
All surgeries postponed. No more meds, life is wonderful
All the praise to Christ Jesus for restoring my life and giving me second chance!