View Single Post
Old 02-28-2006, 12:47 AM

HI Everyone
I have been waiting what seems like forever to get a 2 level ADR done. I am interested in the ActivL studies that are going to be done here this year and was hoping they would be taking place this spring. I now find that they have been looks like pushed back til the fall. This is very discouraging for me. I have had to let my massage practice go and am only able to work part time from home on my computer for a company and am thankful for that opportunity! However my pain levels are getting worse and I dont want to wait any longer than necessary to keep down the possibility of things getting worse and maybe not be a candidate for ADR if I wait too long.
I am doind some research and am getting ready to have my stuff looked at by Dr B and hopefully Dr Yue as well to see what they recommend. Next comes how do I pay for the surgery if I decide to go that route and go to Germany to get it done, this nonwithstanding how do I leave my children for 2 weeks and my home etc? I know I will be able to work out leaving for 2 weeks if absolutely necessary but that would not be my choice! I feel however my choices are becoming more limited each day I sit here in pain.
OK I am long winded and please forgive me for being so. What I would like to know from those of you who have either had the surgery or are working on the financing part of it, how did you do this? I know several I have talked to have either taken out a home equity line or refinanced their home and this is an option for us, however I would like to look at other options as well if they are open.
Anyone here done any creative fund raising or obtained funds from other sources to pay for your surgery?
I would love to hear from you if so. Feel free to PM me as well if you would like concerning this.
Thanks in advance this group has kept me sort of sane lol for the past year plus!
Kim
Evaluated by Dr Blumenthal at TBI
2/2005 ADR 2 level recommended
2 level lumbar fusion