View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 07:22 PM

Hi FS. I'm sorry to hear you need surgery. You're checking out great docs. I looked into Dr. Delamarter too, but as my insurance wouldn't cover anything, he would have been more expensive than Dr. Bertagnoli - plus, Dr. Bertagnoli obviously has far more experience that Dr D with this particular surgery. Just to warn you - Dr. B's office takes awhile to get back to you - and Dr. Fenk-Mayer, Dr. B's right hand spine surgeon will get back to you. I liked her very much. I was thrilled with the care I received there and am happy with my results.

There is one other doc you may wish to consider - Dr. Zeegers, also in GY. I have heard recently that he is cheaper than Dr. B.

If your insurance will cover Dr. Delamarter, I have only heard good things about him and know people who have had surgery by him with very good result. A relative of mine had a 2 level ADR done by him two years ago (cervical) and is entirely pain free.

It's a tricky thing about the follow-up. For me, my NS here (he performed my fusion 2 years prior to my 3 level ADR at adjacent levels) said he'd see me in follow-up even though he doesn't perform these surgeries. However, if I had any problems, I'd go see Dr. Delamarter and pay out of pocket. That is what I've decided for myself. Not easy to work it all out, is it?
Onset of severe fibromyalgia in 6/95, undiagnosed for 2 years while lived in UK
About 1998 o