View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 09:33 AM
Administrator

OK Ron, I posted on John Edwards blog, I hope this helps!

Mr. Edwards,

As a spine patient and an advocate for the community, I find it troubling that people like Ron must go to such extremes to "negotiate" for an FDA-approved spinal procedure. If millions of people have serious and chronic spine issues, why are efforts to help people them so neglected by our government?

We are not asking for a new system or universal health care. We simply need the insurance companies to pay for a procedure that has been practiced in Europe since the 1980s, and approved now in the U.S. for more than three years.

On my global discussion board, you will see that people across America sent their stories to me. This topic was created expressly for educating the media and government about their urgent medical and financial situations. Please see this "tragedy in progress:"

True Stories from Patients: Insurance Nightmares Abound
http://adrsupport.org/eve/forums/a/t...1/m/9291065952

I really don't get it - if patients are already spending thousands of dollars annually on insurance, why do they have to mortgage their house to pay for an FDA-approved procedure? They simply want to become a healthy, whole person again and return to work, love and life.

Please embrace this issue with all your heart and mind. Many, many patients are still hoping for changes that will help them get their lives back! Please contact me if I can be a resource to you or anyone in Washington.

Thank for your time.

Richard Longland
Founder & Principal
The Arthroplasty Patient Foundation
617-314-5900

Main: www.adrsupport.org
Global Discussion: www.adrsupport.org/eve
Spine patient documentary in progress: www.jointmotion.org
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate