View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 10:19 AM

Rachel, yes, you got that right. I did not have any of the respiratory signals one would normally consider. Absolutely nothing. I could not have been more surprised when they said pneumonia in both lungs, and of course the pulmonary embolism. However, I do have an update from yesterday's doctor's appt. I saw a doc I had never seen before, so I was a tad worried. I normally see a female P.A., within the same office system, who is incredible and very thorough, and we have a great working relationship. However, when she read how serious my paperwork was coming in, she deferred to a Physician. And.....I ended up really liking him and he was equally thorough. My INR levels are still being very stubborn and not getting to a therapeutic range, which is somewhere between 2 and 3. Yesterday, after they drew the blood and tested again they were still at 1.0 Same as in hospital. So...... some of this means I am still at risk of future blood clots as my blood isn't thinning yet from the Heparin (while in hospital) and now the Coumadin and Lovenox injections at home. So, tomorrow the doctor ordered a sonogram of both legs to check for any evil, lurking, clots still hiding in my legs. And if they're there, I'd personally like to blast the s.o.b's to kingdom come. Forgive my french. Another INR check on thursday, and so it goes until we can get my levels where they need to be. Looks like I will likely (doctor quote) have to be on Coumadin/Warfarin for lifetime. Forgive such a lengthy update, but I've been a tad frazzled from all this and very thankful for all the support. On that note, I end with, please keep me in your prayers for my INR levels to iron out and cooperate. (am just ever slightly suspicious my blood is as thick-headed and stubborn as myself......)
vertibroplasty @ above levels, 9/15/01
4/06 hip labral tear repair
4/07 Lumbar ProDisc replacement by Dr. B., 3 levels; L3-6
7/2/08 ALIF of L6-S1
7/30/08 Removed bone cement.
8/7/08 Diagnosed with pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion.
3/10/09 right SI Joint Fusion; seeing light at end of tunnel, for first time in 8 years!!