View Single Post
Old 09-05-2006, 01:03 PM

Arnica is great for pain reduction as well as a lot of other things but it has been shown to produce allergic dermatitis after prolonged usage in a lot of people. One of the companies who sells a large amount of massage oils/lotions in the US had a lot of complaints from massage therapists who got contact dermatitis when using a product that had arnica in it on clients. Clients also reported some problems with this as well. I think that the company took the arnica out of the product or took that particular product off the market. So be aware if this happens that might be the culprit. I use arnica but I cannot use it for any length of time or my hands will break out in a rash and itch.
Emu oil and Shea butter have shown a lot of great qualities for skin restoration and healing.
Emu is used on burn patients and has show great reduction in scarring. I have used it on housefhold burns and it has amazed me how it heals them up. I also have used a combination I made up on my surgical scar and its really helped make it heal a lot quicker and its a whole lot smaller than it was. I dont know of anyone that has had a reaction to either of these two products. At least none that have been written about.
Evaluated by Dr Blumenthal at TBI
2/2005 ADR 2 level recommended
2 level lumbar fusion