Thread: Insurance
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2005, 09:41 PM

My research indicates that Aetna is the only US private insurance company that has endorsed ADR and will pay for it - currently.

I have several insurance co. choices with my employer each new year. Fortunately my emloyer does offer Aetna as the "top=tier" plan (PPO-expensive). Unfortunately, last year I enrolled in a more inexpensive plan with UHC in which my pain management co. participates.

I have a very promising job prospect coming up (they have no idea of my back problems-of course).

Question: What are the other insurance companies in the US that have offered to pay for ADR ? My decision on this new job may depand on it, i.e., be miserable, in chronic pain, working for a company I hate until the end of the year and them switch to Aetna or take the new job and keep my fingers crossed that things are gonna change in the next 12 months with regard to insurance reimbursement.

Of course, the obvious question to ask my prospective new employer is "Which insurance plans do you offer ?)Which I will do. But, I still need to know if there other Ins. Co's beside Aetna at this point that will pay.

Thanks,

Stevo

20 years chronic lumbar pain
DDD L4-5, L5-S1
Laminotomy, discectomy L4-5 6/22, leg pain gone, the ususal chronic unrelenting back pain still there.
Dr. Regan ready to do 2 level ADR.