View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 05:28 AM

I go back to neurologist (pain management doc) this morning to go over results of MRI of hip I had last week. Am very eager to see what, if anything, he comes up with. Will report back. I also got the results back from my biopsy yesterday, and it looks like I do have skin cancer on my face. Fortunately, it is the basal cell carcinoma, which typically does not enter the blood stream like melanoma. But it still has to come off. And since it is in a prominent place on my cheek, I'm nervous about how much tissue will have to be removed. The dermatologist said I will likely need a plastic surgeon after the surgery, to close the site with the best cosmetic result. Not spine related at all, but would appreciate your prayers, good thoughts sent my way. My surgery is two weeks from yesterday, May 5th.
vertibroplasty @ above levels, 9/15/01
4/06 hip labral tear repair
4/07 Lumbar ProDisc replacement by Dr. B., 3 levels; L3-6
7/2/08 ALIF of L6-S1
7/30/08 Removed bone cement.
8/7/08 Diagnosed with pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion.
3/10/09 right SI Joint Fusion; seeing light at end of tunnel, for first time in 8 years!!