View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 07:19 PM

Allan,
I'm really surprised that BC/BS out in California will not cover ADR surgery. I've read on this board that at least 1 if not more BC/BS plans out there have covered this procedure. Have you gone thru the appeals process yet?

Terry,
Part of my problem is that I'm not much of a risk taker. Especially when it comes to money. My gut tells me that even if I had the money to shell out for the surgery & then submitted the claim afterwards, BC/BS would still tell me that they won't pay.
I think it's wonderful that your insurance company opened their eyes & seen the light in your situation. To have 4 discs replaced & to have insurance pick it up in full is absolutely astounding! I bet you wanted to get up & dance when you found that out huh? I wish you all the best on your recovery. Please keep us posted!
Disc Bulge C4/C5, Disc Degeneration T11/T12, Bi-Lateral tears L5/S1, Diagnosed w/ Lumbar Disc Derangement w/ Radiculopaphy. Treatment: IDET, Percutaneous Discectomy, SI Joint Injection, Facet Block. All failed. Empire BC/BS Denied Coverage for ADR-lost all of my appeals. MVP also denied coverage.

ALIF/PLIF Fusion 1/20/09